Monday, September 9, 2013

A Good Man Is Hard To Find

A Good Man Is Hard To Find was a little funny to me. I'm not sure if any one else thought it was funny, maybe that's just me being weird. " I have found that violence is strangely capable of returning my characters to reality and preparing them to accept their moment of grace."-Flannery O'Connor. I think that quote relates to the story is that you wouldn't have thought that all of those people would have died during the trip. I thought it was just a family trip. With the "moment a grace" part, I think everybody found a moment of grace, even the misfit sort of. The grandmother found hers when right before she died talking to the misfit right before he shot her. In a way I think that the misfit found his, before and after he killed her. When she was talking to him, his voice began to crack. Maybe he was getting emotional when she was talking prayer and Jesus. And after he says" Its no real Pleasures in life." Maybe he had to kill people to find his "moment of grace".

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree. I do think the Misfit hit a point of realization after he killed the grandmother. But, also what she said could have provoked him to feel that way. When he says the line about there being no real pleasure in life, I think it shows he wasn't getting the feeling he thought he would get from killing the family and the grandmother. It seems he hit his "moment of grace" just like the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete